Pages

Friday, October 11, 2002


Today's posts are being made from Sturgis, MI....over a 16.8 kps dialup connection, no less!

I'm happy to report that I was able to visit both the registrar and my academic adviser -- Dr Robert McLean -- at OISE/UT while in Toronto. While I still have some work to do and obstacles to overcome, at least now I have hope that I'll be able to complete degree requirements for my M.Ed. in Curriculum with a specialization in Computer Applications via online studies.

I'm also happy that I was able to meet with Dr. McLean to discuss my proposal for the "major research project" I need to complete to satisfy degree requirements. As always, watch this space for developments.

While at the registrar's office, I learned that students typically enroll for courses in both semesters of the following academic year as soon as course lists are released in March of each year. I mentioned to the registrar that they might do well to mention this to distance students and these same "distance" (i.e., online) students should be given "first right of refusal" on these courses given that they do not have access to face-to-face courses.

Bottom line -- get in there to register as soon as courses become available -- even if it is nearly a full year before classes begin!

No comments: