Pages

Tuesday, October 08, 2002


Another post from Hamilton, ON.

Today we finished up at the World Workplace tradeshow in Toronto. The show ended at 1400 hrs and I managed to get on the road to Hamilton shortly after 1430 hrs. Once again, I was amazed at the traffic I encountered, especially so given the time of day (i.e., well before rush hour).

I can't imagine what it's like to subject one's self to this type of fray day after day by commuting in and around Toronto -- if the traffic itself doesn't kill you, the wear and tear on your heart will.

I guess the fact that the on-ramp I took to enter the Gardiner Expressway (part the Queen Elizabeth Way -- a four-lane freeway that tracks along the northern shore of Lake Ontario) had a sign indicating that the ramp closes weekdays at 1500 hrs, should have been a clue to what awaited me on the "expressway."

While there is no question that there are benefits to living in the "big city," traffic congestion surely isn't one of them.

No comments: