Pages

Friday, November 14, 2003

Today I decided that I'd get in touch with Health Canada to let them know that the yellow "SARS" forms they're handing out to inbound passengers on international flights are a waste of their time, my money, and trees.

"Travellers" are informed that they may have been exposed to SARS "during your time outside Canada"
(that's the only affliction they name, one assumes there may be others ;-)

I've been getting one of these forms on every filght into Canada from the States since about a month to 6-weeks AFTER the SARS mess went away the last time.

Today they didn't have enough of the forms onboard and no one was allowed off the plane until all forms were distributed and completed, so I finally decided to get on the phone and beg them to stop.

Visit http://www.sars.gc.ca or call 1.800.454.8302 to get more information.

While I'm at it, I'd like to compliment Sean, the gentleman I just chatted with, on his professional and courteous telephone manner.

No comments: