Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Quick post from O'Hare Airport in Chicago, IL.

I'm at a payphone in the concourse checking mail and killing time during a 6-hour layover on my way back to YYC. Flights in and out of these smaller centers (e.g. Wilkes-Barre, PA) are a challenge. Not only do they invariably involve smaller jets or prop planes, but scheduling connections is a nightmare at best.

This morning (feels more like last night at this point) I got up at 0500 hrs to make my way to the airport to begin journey back to Calgary. We landed in Chicago @ 0900 hrs and am not scheduled to leave for Calgary until 1450 hrs.

The weather is fairly nasty in Chicago today and I have fingers crossed that we'll be able to get out of here on time and get back to YYC @ ~1730 Calgary time. This will mean that today's trip -- if all goes according to plan -- will take on the order of 14 hours door-to-door. Wish me luck ;-)

No comments: