Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2003

Greetings from Wikes-Barre, PA. I'm here ahead of a session tomorrow in Taylor, PA. This isn't exactly how I planned to spend my long weekend (it's the Thanksgiving weekend in Canada), but Riverside High School is having a professional development day for faculty and staff tomorrow (Columbus Day in the United States), so the date wasn't negotiable.

That said, I have a lot to be thankful for:
  • I have a loving and supportive family

  • I enjoy my job and school

  • I'm enjoying my visit to Pennsylvania, the leaves on the trees have turned and resulting colorful countryside is something to behold
    Up close and personal with a Maple tree in Wilkes-Barre, PA
  • The sun is shining today, and

  • The Packers are leading against the Chiefs

[added 24Oct03 -- not that I'm any less thankful;-), but the Chiefs cames back and tied the game, and then scored following a fumble to beat the Pack -- at Lambeau no less -- something that's just NOT supposed to happen]

No comments: