Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2003


More about my learning and the fact that blogger.com has changed my perception of the interfaces used at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education of the University of Toronto (OISE/UT).

I'm studying on-line toward a Master's of Education in Curriculum, Teaching and Learning, with a specialization in Computer Applications. To this point I'd preferred the "installed client" interface of First Class over the "web-based" WebKF. (First Class can also be reached via the web through servers @ OISE/UT).

Being exposed to the evolution of blogger over the past year has meant that I've been able to track my "learning" and experiment with this interface. Last night I was able to post the pic I'd posted to this forum on the 15th. No big deal by any means, but I'm fairly convinced that I'd have only linked to the graphic in my "test" if I hadn't posted "inline" pics here first.

I also know that Dr. Karsten's direction to expand on existing knowledge got me started looking at posting pictures to blogger instead of my ISP in the first place, which in turn got me thinking in terms of accessibility. Posting pics over dialup connections all over North America also got me thinking a little more critically about file files sizes and ALT tags on graphics ;-)

No comments: