Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2003

I'm posting today about my experiences working with Simone Laughton and James Mercer, colleauges in CTL 1611 at OISE/UT with Professor Lynn Davie.

Simone, James and myself are working on a term project for our course and I'm extremely impressed with the quantity and quality of the work my two colleagues continue to produce. I've been involved in other "teams" in some of the other courses I've taken at OISE/UT, but nothing compares to this experience in terms of what I'm learning and what we're producing as a team.

Both Simone and James are very capable and intelligent individuals and I feel very fortunate to be a member of the their team for our term project in CTL 1611. Nothwithstanding the high motivation of the members of our team -- arguably the most important factor of successful teams -- I think our daily synchronous chats over the past few days has contributed to my sense of "belongingness." Guess making the effort to "sync up" daily speaks to motivation as well. It also helps keep us "on track" in terms of design and development for our project. I would strongly stress the importance of regularly scheduled -- and attended -- synchronous chats.

A heartfelt "thank you" to Simone and James for your individual and collective efforts on our summerMaple term project; a practical demonstration of how efficient "distributed teams" can meet and build team projects.

I'd also like to apologize to my fellow passengers at the back of the plane, literally, on Northwest Flight # 103 from DC to Minneapolis this morning.... I was having a listen to some of the *.wav files I have on my laptop and managed to open a file that, when played on a loop, sounded like some type of alarm -- much to the consternation of those within earshot. Sorry about that folks; my bad, I'll try to be more careful in the future.

No comments: