Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2002


A post from Detroit, MI.

I arrived this afternoon to deliver more SMART Master's On-site and Event sessions to SMART Board(TM) interactive whiteboard customers. On my way to the Motor City, I spent time reviewing the Building Educational Metadata Application Profiles whitepaper I referenced yesterday.

I liked the "Interoperability and Pragmatism" section of the paper and hope to be able to apply these concepts to the SMART Education Object. I'm also looking forward to learning more about the learning object and metadata work being done in Australia.

I'm especially intrigued by how standards (The Le@rning Federation Metadata Application Profile, CANCORE, Learning Object Metadata) are converging and how pragmatism will ultimately define the usefulness of object-based education and learning for all stakeholders.

No comments: