Today I got to sit in on--"in person" as opposed to online--a presentation on "Conferencing" by my good friend, and co-worker, Dan McMahon. Dan's audience was the Remote Sales staff of our company, SMART Technologies, Inc.
Dan touched on all aspects of conferencing:
- conference types (audio, data and video)
- integration (many vendors use NetMeeting on the client side)
- technical issues (firewalls, bandwidth, Virtual Private Networks (VPN))
- connections (dial-up, DSL/Cable, ISDN,....)
Dan also talked about integration of our product line--SMART RoomwareTM--with the conferencing products of several vendors. Dan also pointed us to the SMART Conferencing Resource Center for those looking for integrated conferencing solutions.
Just as I was about to post this message, I received this week's edition of the Wainhouse Research Bulletin, by Wainhouse Research, in my inbox. Access the issue, as a PDF, from the archive at Vol 3 #2. Topics in this issue include:
- They're Back! (8x8)
- Avistar Shrinks Camera
- InView hosts Free Video Program
- Macintosh Meetings
- Deals: RADVISION & VisionNex, Genesys, WebEx, Brinckmann &
- Masergy, PUG & PGC united, IP Unity, Spracht & Genesys
- Dollars: Investcorp acquires ECI, Market Cap Index, Polycom, Wire One
- Codec Moments (redux): The Donkey & The Carrot
The WR Bulletin is a great resource for information on "the technologies, products, vendors, applications, and market trends in the visual collaboration and rich media communications marketplace." Click here to subscribe.