Pages

Saturday, January 05, 2002

This entry marks the beginning of a diary of learning. Over the course of the Spring term of 2002, I intend to use this blog to record my learning experiences as a graduate student at OISE/UT.

I hope to learn more about Knowledge Objects (KO) and their application in Instructional Design and delivery environments.

My research on the Internet has produced resources on the subject. Chief among these is the Reusable Learning Object (RLO) used by Cisco Systems, Inc.. RLO are based on the work of Ruth C. Clark and M. David Merrill. I especially like the object-based (i.e., following Object-Oriented Software Engineering (OOSE)) nature of this approach and hope to use it in my work as Training Developer with SMART Technologies, Inc.

All this resulted from my work to design and produce "design documents" that we'll use at SMART to produce training materials. Materials will be produced and delivered in a number of media and will eventually lead to a "blended" approach to training delivery for customers, clients and staff.

No comments: